In the second half of the XIV century (year 1394), the Bishop of Majorca, Luis de Prades, testified that hermits had been living in that loneliness for more than thirty years. Still today long, narrow holes can be seen on the top of the Cura mountain. They are no more than one or two metres deep. About eleven well defined cells have been counted in the west part of the Sanctuary, and about ten probable as well as five very doubtful in the east part.
HERMIT-DIDACTIC ENVIRONMENT: In 1450 Maestro Catany appears in the Puig de Cura. Three years later the celebrated Catalan llulist, Pere Joan Llobet, is testified as maestro of the Cura mountain. He lad obtained a royal privilege from King Alphonse V (January 6th 1449) to be able to carry on llulian science on Majorca. He fixed his famous chair in the venerable Randa building and lived there until shortly before his death on May 11th 1446. His discourses and his fame were so outstanding that people from Spain, Italy and France went to hear him.
Joan de Tagamanent's will (March 7th 1468) supports and bequeaths the project to build a monastery of Minor friars and a hospital for 25 poor on the summit of the Cura mountain The project did not materialise.