GRAMMAR SCHOOL: The premises of the anterior Llullian College or School having been rebuilt, a Grammar School was set up in the old building, with 50 pounds assigned it in 1510. It depended on the Dean and the Councillors of the llulian School established in the General Study of the Town.
It would be about that time when fiesta of blessing of the fruit was started. The first mention we have of fiesta is around 1522.
In 1544 repair work was started on the already then ruined chapel.
On May 4th 1553 the Jurymen of the Kingdom agreed on increasing professorships, thus making a General Study in which Grammar Rhetoric and Greek were taught.
There were around one hundred pupils in 1566. In those days the foundations of the magnificent Grammar hall were laid, presided by a painting of Saint Catherine.